Sunday 22 September 2013

Growling

This post is an echo and nod and in absolute agreement with Hayley's last post.  A valiant effort (or in my case, more of a mental effort, since productivity has dwindled to a mere trickle), to keep creativity alive has become more like a valiant desire to keep creativity alive.

That valiant desire is being laughed at by this monster thing called 'The List of Things to Do.' Oh you know what's on 'The List of Things to Do,' you have one yourself. Whether it be papers or school or work or... you know. Today I checked off several things on my 'List of Things to Do.' You know, items seem to grow larger and larger, until they hit monster proportions when left on their own for too long. Yeah. And my sword seems to shrink to the size of a nail clipper by the time an item has been left to simmer... simmer, simmer, simmer... for way too long.

That's my long-winded way of saying I have been itching to do something creative, finish up some art, write something and basically put on a beautiful dress with matching Mary Janes, maybe an over-sized sweater, a big fluffy tuque, swap in my red glasses (gorgeous, yes), for big nerdy black ones and... ah there goes that stereotype. Hey, can anyone blame me for describing the quintessential writer or artist living in a haze of creativity?

Okay. So that doesn't happen to me. I'm not the most hip person around, but I do like my daily dose(or weekly dose) of creativity. More recently that fix has been occurring in the kitchen, which thankfully is fun. But the art and words are calling, and like a sourdough starter needs to be fed.

Oh necessity. And List of Things to Do. How you sometimes make the me growl at you. But alas, you are part of life and, at the end of the day, aren't big monsters but little guys with big dancing shadows.

Silly creatures.

- G


No comments:

Post a Comment